The Okanagan Indian Band Administration Department oversees the daily management of band business and houses the following sub-departments – Corporate Services, Finance, Communications, and Human Resources.
Administration provides services to support the membership living on and off the reserve. The OKIB Band Office is the first point of contact for all enquiries.
Through the Administration Department we are able to ensure that the people are well taken care of. Funding provided to OKIB is obtained through annual federal transfer agreements from the Federal government for areas such as:
- General Band administration
- Social Services
- Public Works and Housing
- Natural Resource
- Land Development
- Community Health Services
The financial accounting of funds is maintained internally and is reviewed annually by an external accounting firm to meet Canadian standards of accounting which are then submitted to the Department of Indian Affairs and Northern Development at the closing of each fiscal year.
Policies and Bylaws
- Financial Administration Bylaw
- Personnel Policy
- Staff Organizational Chart
- Council Policies and Procedures
- Bylaw Disposal Of Garbage And Waste - amendment dated May 25, 1992
- Bylaw Garbage And Waste - dated April 27, 1976
- Bylaw Sewer System on Priest's Valley IR #6 dated January 27, 1997
- Bylaw Traffic July 20, 1976
- Bylaw Wildlife October 4, 1956
- Bylaw OKIB Water on Priest's Valley IR #6, dated January 27, 1977