Tolko is looking for the best and brightest to join our operations!
Executive Assistant Vernon, BC The Executive Assistant (EA) provides support for the assigned member(s) of the executive and will also provide vacation and relief support for other members of the executive support team. The EA ensures the Corporate Leadership Team functions effectively and supports the organization’s objectives by providing confidential, administrative support and other assistance to the team as required. Our ideal candidate will be a highly professional and self-motivated individual with excellent interpersonal and communications skills. The flexibility to handle rapidly changing situations, frequent interruptions, and the ability to meet deadlines while under pressure is essential, along with exceptional organization, project management and time management skills.
- A minimum three years’ relevant experience in an equivalent administrative role
- Relevant post-secondary education is considered an asset
- Professional corporate image combined with strong interpersonal skills, exceptional organization, communication and time management skills are essential
- Advanced computer skills and proficiency with Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Experience planning and managing events and meetings, preparing and coordinating presentations, and managing calendars is required
- General knowledge of the forest industry is also considered an asset
About Tolko: With state-of-the-art operations across Western Canada, Tolko is a leading manufacturer of a wide range of forest products for customers around the world. For over 60 years, our family-owned company has been recognized by our customers and business partners for being reliable, flexible, efficient and offering quality products. With the third generation of family leadership, we’re continuing that legacy today in our mills throughout Western Canada. At Tolko, our values, vision and mission aren’t just what we believe. They’re how we work, live and serve our customers every day. Fundamental to our success is a committed workforce that thrives on change, building relationships, and a drive toward excellence. We are committed to the well-being of future generations through responsible operational and environmental performance. This commitment applies to all aspects of our business. We hold third-party certification on the forestlands that we sustainably manage in BC, Alberta and Saskatchewan. And, through our community investment strategy we strive to play an active and constructive role in the communities where we live and work. Whether we’re providing jobs, volunteering or giving through donations, we work to make our communities stronger and more vibrant through active participation. When you join Tolko, you’re saying yes to a company that has been built on integrity, respect, and by providing employees with the inclusive environment, support and opportunity they need to make great things and build great lives. We’re more than an industry leader. We’re the place where you succeed as our most valuable resource! We Offer:
- An unyielding commitment to your personal safety
- Competitive pay and exceptional benefits
- The opportunity to work with the best and brightest in the industry
- Diverse opportunities
- An open, innovative culture
- A positive, dynamic work environment
- Technical and leadership training to ensure you work successfully and safely
- The chance to live (and play) where you work
For more information, check out our latest YouTube video!
A Career With Tolko Is More Than A Job
It’s pride in what you do. It’s making a difference every single day, working side by side with people you respect.
Explore our opportunities, submit your application, and join a company that works for you, your family, and your community!
If this position sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you! Applications will be accepted at www.tolko.com until February 18, 2019.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.