The OKIB Public Works and Housing Department manages and maintains the infrastructure and buildings on the reserve.
Services include the following:
- Maintenance of all water systems to ensure safe potable water for all members on OKIB water systems (7 separate systems);
- Maintenance and upkeep of all Band parks;
- Maintenance of all Band roads;
- Maintenance of all Band buildings to ensure a safe work place for all staff;
- Provide housing for Band members;
- Future housing – working with INAC/CMHC for future developments;
- Working with INAC on current and future capital projects – be that housing/infrastructure/water;
- Subdivision development;
- Working with members to secure mortgages through Band approved lenders.
Band Members & Home Ownership survey
The housing team is currently running a survey to better understand the needs and wants of Band Members. We ask that you only fill out this form once for accuracy of our current housing needs. Your name will be added to a draw for a $100 dollar gift card to Superstore. The survey must be completed in full to be entered into the draw.
The deadline for this is March 1st and the chosen winner will be announced March 10th once we have had time to review all the submissions.
Use this link to fill out the survey (estimated completion time 10 minutes): Click here to take the Band Members & Home ownership survey
Each year the Public Works and Housing Department undertakes major projects to improve the housing and infrastructure in the community. This year, the following projects are in the planning stage or are underway. Please follow the links for details on each project:
- Six Mile / Bradley & Irish Creek / Head of the Lake Water System Improvement Project
- BC Housing Community Housing Development webpage
- Cultural Arbor Project webpage
Policies and Applications
- Social Housing Application Form - Please note: Tenants for the 4-plexes have been contacted.
- Emergency Home Improvements Program (EHIP) and Application
- BC Housing Temporary Rental Supplement Program
- Social Housing Rental Wait List - January 2023
- OKIB Social Housing Policy
- OKIB Rent to Own Housing Application Form and Ranking Criteria
- Renovation Guide
- Renovation Application
- BMO Mortgage checklist
- Social Housing Pets Policy
Please email completed facility use forms to [email protected]
- Facility Use Agreement for Band Members
- Komasket Park Use agreement (large events)
- Head of the Lake Hall Use Agreement