The OKIB Public Works and Housing Department manages and maintains the infrastructure and buildings on the reserve.
Services include the following:
- Maintenance of all water systems to ensure safe potable water for all members on OKIB water systems (7 separate systems);
- Maintenance and upkeep of all Band parks;
- Maintenance of all Band roads;
- Maintenance of all Band buildings to ensure a safe work place for all staff;
- Provide housing for Band members;
- Future housing – working with INAC/CMHC for future developments;
- Working with INAC on current and future capital projects – be that housing/infrastructure/water;
- Subdivision development;
- Working with members to secure mortgages through Band approved lenders.
Water Conservation Schedule
Band Members & Home Ownership survey reopened
Due to interest in participating in the survey from Members, the Home Ownership survey which was open during the beginning of 2023 will be reopened for additional responses.
The housing team is currently running a survey to better understand the needs and wants of Band Members. We ask that you only fill out this form once for accuracy of our current housing needs. If you have previously filled out this survey, please do not resubmit responses as we already have previous response data collected.
A Project Completion Event held April 5, 2023 to mark the culmination of our work on two major projects over the past few years. Watch the videos and check out some photos of the event:
Policies and Applications
- Social Housing Application Form - Please note: Tenants for the 4-plexes have been contacted.
- Emergency Home Improvements Program (EHIP) and Application
- BC Housing Temporary Rental Supplement Program
- Social Housing Rental Wait List - September 20 2023
- OKIB Social Housing Policy
- OKIB Rent to Own Housing Application Form and Ranking Criteria
- Renovation Guide
- Renovation Application
- BMO Mortgage checklist
- Social Housing Pets Policy
Please email completed facility use forms to [email protected]
- Facility Use Agreement for Band Members
- Komasket Park Use agreement (large events)
- Head of the Lake Hall Use Agreement