Matrimonial Real Property Information

My Family Home On-Reserve What happens when my relationship ends?

"The Family Homes on Reserves and Matrimonial Interests or Rights Act (FHRMIRA) is now in force. 

The Law ensures that spouses and/or common-law partners living on reserve have similar matrimonial rights and protections as those living off reserve. 

To understand your rights it is important to determine if your community has enacted its own MRP law, or if the provisional rules continue to apply." (Centre of Excellence for Matrimonial Real Property)

For more information click on the link for a pamphlet >Matrimonial Real Property Brochure

or go to