Okanagan Indian Band Community Health & Wellness Survey
The Okanagan Indian Band Community Health & Wellness Survey is being run by the Okanagan Health & Social Development Department to ask community members about your health and well-being, the factors that affect your health and the use and needs of health care services. This survey can be completed online or filled out and provided to one of the Community Engagement Team members.
What is the purpose of this survey?
By collecting information about your health & Wellness, the aim is to:
- Provide the Health & Social Development Department with current and detailed information to evaluate existing programs and to contribute to new programming that is driven by OKIB Membership & Community need; and
- Provide guidance to help inform an OKIB mental wellness strategy and doctors clinic for the benefit of OKIB Membership & Community.
- Report to funder (First Nations Health Authority), mandatory 5 year evaluation of 10 year health plan.
On September 16, 2019, the First Nations Health Authority (FNHA) transitioned dental, vision, and medical supplies and equipment (MS&E) and select drug benefits off the federal Non-Insured Health Benefits (NIHB) program. The FNHA's new partner, BC-based benefits provider Pacific Blue Cross, will administer these benefits as of September 16, 2019.
FNHA clients and their health care providers will find the new system easy to use, with streamlined requirements for pre-approvals and quick turnarounds for adjudications and payments.
There will be no reduction to existing coverage, and coverage will be expanded for many preventive health services and special needs. Here are some highlights of the new plan:
Your Pacific Blue Cross (PBC) Membership
- Your status number will be your PBC benefits membership number
- You can print your own PBC Member ID card or continue to use your status card
- There is a large network of health care providers registered with PBC. Many of these providers can offer direct billing. That means fewer out-of-pocket payments for eligible benefits
- Your pre-approvals follow you if you change health care providers
Your Member Profile
As of September 16, FNHA clients may go online at www.pac.bluecross.ca or download the PBC mobile app. Using your status number, you can create a Member Profile for convenient self-service. For example, you may:
- Look up detailed coverage information
- Get reimbursed via direct deposit in as little as 48 hours
- Check your balance for your benefit
- Search for vision care providers who are registered with PBC
You may also continue to contact Health Benefits for information at 1.855.550.5454 or email [email protected]
Information About Your Health Benefits Coverage
- Health Benefits Information Package
- New First Nations Health Benefits Plan in Partnership with Pacific Blue Cross
- Fact sheet: Dental
- Fact sheet: Medical Supplies and Equipment
- Fact Sheet: Medical Transportation
- Fact sheet: Mental Health
- Fact sheet: Pharmacy
- Fact sheet: Vision Care